Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tension
Posted at 2:10 AM
0 comments (+)
Lately I've wondered how much I can tolerate sarcasm. Jokes that turn out to be habitual don't seem to be funny or amusing as time pass. Often times I don't find them entertaining anymore when I come home from a rough day. Whenever I ask questions properly and I get a not-so-humorous answer, I just get more annoyed. This concludes me to avoid questions about almost anything and only respond through nods to avoid ruining my mood.
Tonight, tension went up as my resistance to avoid arguments collapsed. Aside from another night of unbearable sense of humor, the concern for my food intake turned out to be an offensive remark along the way when my pescetarian period was given judgment from a 9GAG post. I wasn't pleased about it. I couldn't stand ignoring that comment since 9GAG isn't a valid source for proper information but majority know it as a place of fun, laughs, inspiration, and even exaggerated information. I had numerous reasons why I decided to be a pescetarian. My number one reason is highly sensitive and it concerns not only me. On top of it, to be judged because of my lifestyle from someone who was basically oblivious to the benefits of a green diet, and who barely witnessed what I had gone through to reach that point and the exuberant feeling during that one year was a blow to my limits.
I guess karma took its toll when I fired back unintentionally. A simple question regarding Church service became a heated topic because of different religious practices. I knew I crossed a line because it was religion but I wouldn't offer an apology for a remark I made when in exchange, a faulty reason for not celebrating Mass was given. I always respect the ways of living of the people I encounter. I don't judge but I simply understand the situation. I don't plan on forcing anyone to actively be involved in Church service when it's against their will or interest. Most people have the same religion but they practice it differently. It's simply the reasoning that bothers me during the feud. Is it too much to sacrifice an hour of Mass to be grateful for the abundance of blessings from God? Plus, serving the Church varies with celebrating Mass.