Saturday, June 25, 2011
Saturday Morning
Posted at 2:24 PM
0 comments (+)
I'm pissed and it's not even Sunday. I'm usually pissed at my Mom every Sunday morning because her annoying voice keeps echoing around the house - It's Saturday and I should be in school right now but the administration decided to suspend classes due to the storm, so I'm stuck here at home. Her continuous nagging for us to move around the house (e.g. chores - excessive cleaning) is giving me a headache. Just because I'm in front of the computer, accomplishing all my schoolwork as early as possible, she thinks I'm already a couch-potato. Actually, when it's only me connected to the Internet, it's alright. But when the rest of my siblings wakes up and rides along, that's where all the clamor comes in.I don't know if it's a valid reason or it's just the result of my irritation that I just hate being home. I can barely get my mind straight from all the noise, and once again, my Mom telling me what to do all the time. I have had enough of her ringing my phone at least three times a day everyday, alright! It's sickening. My focus is out of balance. I keep procrastinating when I'm here.
Here's when my selfish viewpoint comes in: I clean my own mess plus my assigned day task in the condominium everyday. I'm good with that. But having to come home and be told to clean my sisters's mess is disturbing! I'm only home for a day and a half and instead of avoiding the rush of cramming when I go back to the condo, I clean someone else's clutter. My goodness. I literally have a headache right now.
Currently, I can't stay away from the thought of transferring universities in my next year. That was the plan - my Mom's plan. Yeah, Mom again. Yipee! :| I bring my best performance in DLSU, and transfer to where I feel like I truly belong. This is tearing my mind! (Truth to be told, I'm having loads of fun in DLSU. My academics and extra-curricular activities are doing great.) I keep telling myself that I shouldn't be thinking about it when I just started college last month but hello, look what's happening to me. I'm gathering reasons why I should and should not transfer. I have collected points for both categories but I wouldn't dare disclose them online. I'll just keep them to myself.
So to make this post productive, I'll attach in my to-do list today so I won't wander off.
(1) Biology
_x_ Research on Soy Sauce
_x_ Make Powerpoint Presentation on Soy Fermentation Products
_x_ Tell anyone in the group to print the Powerpoint Presentation once I finish it (updated: 7:03pm)
___ Rewrite notes
(2) Accounting
___ Do 2-10 & 2-11 exercises in Workbook (which I left in the condo)
___ Cover columnar notebook with plastic
(3) Computer
_x_ Read collected articles for research paper
_x_ Talk to my group mates and finalize plans for the research paper (updated: 7:03pm)
___ Print my reaction paper to The Social Network
_x_ Watch Pirates of Silicon Valley (updated: 7:03pm)
(4) Filipino
___ Rewrite notes
(5) Harlequin Theater Guild
___ Finish background story of Mercy
___ Prepare costume
(6) Miscellaneous
_x_ Wrap my sister's books and notebooks with plastic (updated: 7:03pm)