Monday, April 18, 2011
Young Blood Posted at 10:55 PM 0 comments (+)

As I stared at the ceiling of our resort room on a Sunday morning, my sister randomly blurted out that a local actor, AJ Perez, had passed away early that morning. It took me a long time to register that because it seemed so impossible. Let me describe AJ in my point of view. He's a rising actor of ABS-CBN and he has appeared in numerous commercials and teen magazines. I've seen him once or twice in school when he and a few classmates represented their batch to plan for an interaction with the junior year. He's also about to study college in where I'm going in.

I'm not a fan of him nor did I ever crush on him (a lot of girls do) but hearing that news weirds me out and on the lighter note, it really breaks my heart. He was on his way home from a mall show in Dagupan when he had a car accident along the road and he was sleeping that time. He was 18.

That incident suddenly reminded me of another local actor, Rico Yan, whom I was a big fan of that time. He died on a Good Friday while he was sleeping in his hotel room and I literally cried during the live airing of his burial.

I guess that's the reason why I'm so freaked out about AJ's death. It's so unexpected. He wasn't doing anything wrong. I sort of look up to him because he still pursues his studies while working - not all local teen actors can juggle that up.

Later the next day, Janine and I chatted on Facebook, talking about this. No doubt we were having the same thoughts. We came to the point where our fears started crawling up. Death can come up anytime at any way. Whether you've sinned or not, one just has to live their life the best.

Labels:

About
JANELLA
20-year old lost child wandering the figments of imagination.
instagram
tags
contact
jac.gngt@gmail.com
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.