Saturday, March 19, 2011
Harmless Critic for Friday
Posted at 10:55 PM
0 comments (+)
Friday by Rebecca Black (Official Music Video)
I first saw this through a post by a friend of mine through Facebook. Afterwards, I've been seeing this all over the place - so I guess it's the new hit in pop culture. What's funny about this that it's popular for the opposite reason. The video is just questionnable with its actions and the graphics are so MySpace-generated; and the lyrics reflect the total need to fit the syllables in the musical notes.
What kind of 13 year old would be able to drive around and party at night freely?
Then these videos come up and offer some consideration.
She has talent. That's what I'm sure of upon listening the Unplugged version of the song. As I scrolled down below for the comments from the site where I first saw it, all I saw were nasty things.
People, give her some space! She's one of the billions of young people who want to fulfill a dream. She can reach her notes but she's not consistent throughout the song. A few more voice lessons and she'll be alright. Everyone keeps making rude comments because others do the same as well.
I want to reach out to the production staff who started this all. If their goal is to make a regular teen hit a household name, then they should also consider taking care of the talents they recruit. They should be a little more cautious of how they publicize their work because people can be nasty and it could affect the esteem of the person in the video.
I give a thumbs up for Rebecca for the courage she's been giving out amidst the thousands of people bashing. I agree that she's not the best and the worst. She's got potential, that's what I'm sure. (By the way, work harder. It doesn't just take an interview by ABC to have a duet with Justin Bieber. He worked a lot before he got his success.)
Labels: Random