Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Today's Sexuality
Posted at 6:06 AM
0 comments (+)
Homework for TeenstarA. Reflection
Today’s sexuality has evolved over the years in the course of action. The existence of pedophilia and homosexuality is making a trend. Women today are more open about their feelings. There are times they tend to experiment and let their feelings take over them without rational thinking. Sadly, this is also a form of entertainment for most people. Men today have limited themselves in expressing what they feel. Being too vulnerable in the eyes of the public sends them to think they’re not manly enough. Compared to the old times, men are comfortable kissing a person of the same gender as a sign of respect and gratitude.
Sexuality in family seems to be introduced at an earlier age. It’s so to avoid the consequences of the effects of premarital sex and to be able to make a clear understanding of the topic against the mediocre beliefs of today’s society.
B. Personal Experience
Over the times I’ve used the Internet, I couldn’t recall the number of times I’ve seen pictures, advertisements, and articles reflecting sexual behavior. What’s more disturbing is that I found a webpage (a connecting website that is common right now and used by most people especially the youth) made for pictures of teenage girls, taking a photo of themselves naked; and more often, doing poses that should not be done at all.
I’ve come to realize that I pity those girls damaging their dignity all for the sake of being noticed online. Their minds have been altered as a defense to truths they can’t accept. I wonder how they’re able to live like that and what’s in store for their future.
I can’t judge them, truth to be told. Their culture is far different from mine. Their education, their beliefs, and how they grew up can be unlikely. But I want to ask them what would make them happy. Happiness and satisfaction that’s attainable that the society shouldn’t command you to do.
Experiencing this, I feel sad. Because of the infiniteness the media brings, anyone of all ages can view what I have seen. I can go on and on about the issues coming from the media but all the way, I’m sad because of how it affects us.
Labels: life