Wednesday, December 22, 2010
UA&P Results
Posted at 11:00 PM
1 comments (+)
Last Wednesday, 15th of December, Fel texted me that the entrance exam results for UA&P (University of Asia and the Pacific) have been released. I was so excited that I pushed my sister off the computer chair and told her to get ready because I'm going to scream and jumped once my name comes out.When I entered my full name on the website, the reply was: "Record not found. Please check the entry and try again". My sisters and I became quiet. I wasn't satisfied so I kept on clicking enter and even tried other typos since my parents' last names were complicated until my fingers got numbed. Still no luck.
I immediately called Mom and told her calmly about what happened. Her reply hurt me, "Oh my God." -- with the tone of disbelief. But I kept telling her it was impossible for me not to pass because it was the easiest test I've taken. And facing with that event would be humiliating.
I called in the admissions office the next day and they said that the official release would be on the 17th. The names that are accessed online are just partial. Then I did the same thing on the 17th. I was faced with the same thing. I tried calling again to ask if only passers are the names posted. Instead, there was a call back tone of Jason Mraz's I'm Yours. My parents insisted maybe that's their way of telling I didn't pass. Hearing that, I wanted to scream at them. Is that how dumb they think I am?
I got tired of hoping. I kept repeating to myself the saying I learned from a Friday worship, Stop Expecting, Start Accepting. If it's God's will, then I'll accept it wholly no matter how badly the truth hurts.
Last Monday, Mom called the admissions office to make clarifications. I just ignored her and enjoyed myself with an episode of Life Unexpected. All of a sudden my youngest sister was screaming so loud, "You passed! You passed!". I laughed and immediately fast-walked to the living room where my parents and two sisters were in front of the monitor with my name on the website and underneath saying: Final Evaluation: Passed.
The mistake was that my second name was missing the last letter. After amending it, tada! Just wow.
