Saturday, December 11, 2010
The Great Pinoy Peace and Unity Swim Posted at 8:35 PM 0 comments (+)
Written at 12:45am with Nokia E61i

It's officially the 11th of December and I just arrived from The Great Pinoy Peace and Unity Swim: 24-hour Relay Guiness Record. After 2 hours of waiting in line with plenty of men who were mostly policer officers, I was able to make a lap in the brownish pool. Besides that, I was set free of the 8-year old who hung to me the whole time.

Well for starters, the event is about promoting swimming as a sport in the country and beating the record of Italy's 24-hour relay with 5,028 swimmers. The goal is to reach about 6,000 swimmers, and so far, with eight hours, more than 1,500 people swam.

My teammates and I we're freezing in line because all we had were our swimsuits. Then this little girl with her Mom steps in between us through the encouragement of our coach. She was so fragile and scared that she didn't want her Mom to leave but companions aren't permitted within the area. Coach suddenly tells us that we must entertain her.

Well silly me for going overboard. I only asked the basic questions like her name, school, age, etc. Then I stopped because it was past 10pm already and everyone was sleepy and cold. I was tired. So because of my sociable instincts, Gela clung to me until the end. We even had to break off the line because she had to go potty and after that, we went farther back, seperating us from the rest of my teammates.

By the way, the whole time my pissed meter was slowly rising because she kept on nagging with pessimism. All her questions start with "What if...?" and ends with... Won't finish, need to breathe, step on the floor...

I had to keep my temper, obviously! It was a miracle I kept it cool with everything going on: Gela - the 8-year old, freezing air, touchy and odorous men, my teammates finishing their swim... And just thankfully when we were all done, I was set free!

Overall that, I don't like complaining a lot because you won't see the brighter side of it. So in here, I've thought...

What if I were on her shoes and no one was there to take away the anxiety?

What if no one really was there beside me and I chose to gave up completely?

What if I didn't do all those I just and end up guilty for not welcoming her?

What if her Mom had totally reacted differently than the one showed being grateful when we were done?


Those simple actions yet they result to something greater.

So phew, I don't think I made a good post but I at least I got it off me.
About
JANELLA
20-year old lost child wandering the figments of imagination.
instagram
tags
contact
jac.gngt@gmail.com
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.