Wednesday, December 22, 2010
A Day with Dad
Posted at 10:51 PM
0 comments (+)
Written at 6:30pm using Nokia E61iI feel as if I'm the worst daughter right now.
Currently, I'm here at McDonald's waiting for my Dad. We got separated in the train because tonight's Rush Hour. Trust me, the view of people pushing and cursing their way in the doors is downright scary. Public transportation really brings out one's temper.
So let me fill in why this is happening. Well, the local channel, ETC, held a contest called the "Grand ETC Giveaways". All you need to do is tell what's your favorite ETC show in 2010? Tell why you love it so much. They'll be picking the 20 best answers and each will win a Glee shirt, poster, notebook, Vampire diaries shirt, neck pillow and journal.
The Vampire Diaries is my favorite ETC show and currently my addiction because the chemistry between Elena and the Salvatore brothers are bursting with so much excitement. The mystery behind the turn of events in each episode always leaves me hanging and wanting for more especially this Christmas break. I am certified that I am one of the craziest fans of the show.
Two days after, I received a notification on Facebook that Ja posted on my wall, followed by comments from Aina -- there were congratulatory notes and I thought they were replying to another wall post made by Tin about my acceptance in UA&P (that I'll be elaborating later on). Instead, it was about my winning in the contest attached with the link to the list of other winners.
I was smiling the whole time because I totally forgot that I joined in. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be aware because no notifications were given. Prizes can be claimed every Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 1-5pm.
So this afternoon at 3:00, my Dad and I left for Makati, where the office was located. Seeing that time was short and the road was under heavy traffic, Dad parked the car at McDonald's Quezon Avenue, and we took the train that was nine stops away from Makati.
After wee hours train, walks, and a cab, we arrived at the Sun Century Tower. Then our perspiration turned to instant annoyance when the receptionist/guard told us that the person we're looking for wasn't there because of their company Christmas party. He reassured that I wasn't the only one who ended up disappointed. There were other winners before me who came in to claim the prize.
All Dad and I could do was sigh. We took our snacks in a nearby McDonald's and took a ride on the jeep to the train station. That's where you can now relate what's next from what's stated on the very start.
(At home) Dad and I are both home now. He arrived just 5 minutes after. So I hope next week I get to have the goodies.
P.S. What's ironic is that I'm not a huge fan of local channels broadcasting U.S. shows. The secret thrill goes away because other people suddenly join the bandwagon.