Saturday, July 5, 2008
Choices. Posted at 3:10 PM 0 comments (+)

I remembered the night I dreamed of seeing my friends in an unknown corner smoking cigarettes. I almost cried because Anna, one of my most awesome friends who know what’s right and wrong, was part of that crowd. “Why are you in there? That’s not you!”, I cried. But she ignored me and continued what she was doing.

I immediately woke up after that and let out a big sigh, thanking God it was just a dream.

One day, I was online on Yahoo! Messenger and was doing the usual thing. I suddenly got an IM from a friend saying she experienced hell and it was fun. I expected hell was awesome in a good vibe but it wasn’t what I was expecting throughout everything.

I smoked, she said and my world started to fall apart. In a million years I thought she’d changed. I thought accompanying her from all her sorrowful moments would help her a lot but it was worthless. I did favors for her even though it would cost me big trouble. I did that all for her because I believed she wanted to change for the better and because she is my friend.

She’s been through everything from thick and thin. We weren’t that close when she had her moment but we became one when she lost her touch. I listened to every word she said the time she transferred to a new school for a new life. I laughed with her and visited her at times.

Seeing those two words she just said through IM really hurt me and I knew that wasn't a dream.

I then heard a rumor yesterday that she’s now doing drugs called Ecstasy. Just wow.

Fear started crawling up my body. I didn’t want that life, where I’ll start drinking and smoking and finally turn away from my family. I really don’t want that. I know that I’ll be making the right choices with the right people as time passes, and God is there.

I have my friends, my good and family-loving friends, and I know they’ll never leave me through thick and thin.

About
JANELLA
20-year old lost child wandering the figments of imagination.
instagram
tags
contact
jac.gngt@gmail.com
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.