Monday, June 23, 2008
FRANK Posted at 3:12 PM 0 comments (+)

WTFRANK?!

I woke up yesterday in a very cold weather without electricity as the rain continued to pour. It was the birthday of my sister and we planned to leave the house at 8am and proceed to a little resort to celebrate her birthday. Everything was planned: food, invitees and clothes for swimming.

I asked Mom if we were leaving as I spotted them in the living room, noticing the time in the clock was 10pm. She simply said, it was canceled. I felt sad because I wouldn’t see my relatives who were invited and are about to leave for Canada in a few months, and mostly importantly, my sister was sad.

She has been waiting for this day because she’d swim the whole day with new slides in the resort but the storm just had to ruin it. Just to ease our boredom, we had a game of Scrabble with the whole family and it was hell of a bonding moment!

The storm lasted long, never expecting things to happen. Obviously, I spent the afternoon surfing the net until I received a group IM from my friend, NO CLASSES TOMORROW! I was somewhat happy or furious on that because I studied my butt off for both quizzes on Filipino and Math but at least I get to rest ;)

I still wasn’t contented because things were circling around like the news still isn’t official. I went to the website of a local newspaper and was greeted by a shocking headline: 89 DEAD, 700 MISSING.

I was really astonished from what I saw. I had in mind that the storm was just normal but seeing that headline made me want to stab myself. I should’ve prayed that people were safe during the storm, I should’ve thought of others than myself, that’s what I keep telling myself.

Anyway, the number of deaths grew and we were featured on CNN because of FRANK. Lol. Lord, please bless and guide the people who died during the storm. May they rest in peace.

About
JANELLA
20-year old lost child wandering the figments of imagination.
instagram
tags
contact
jac.gngt@gmail.com
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.