The SugarSugar Happy Birthday Party dedicated to Kyle Patrick and Joey Zehr of The Click Five, is the most awaited event for us, boardies. Not only we get to have freebies from attending the party but we also get to personally meet one another and just have fun like we always do in the Message Boards.
We already knew the day’s going to be fun because we were obviously making noises from what’s happening while other guests and invitees around us were just staring at us since we always get the attention from the host and crew.
Not only that, we were also interviewed a bunch of times from various TV programs from different networks and that’s when we knew we were having our television debut.
I’ve already experienced a lot of things especially when it comes to happy times. I’m assured that happiness always has a price, and that is mishaps. Every time I’d be going out and hanging out with friends, I always have a problem to face. Transportation.
I knew it was impossible for Dad to pick me up since the venue, where I am, was far from where Dad was currently working, and he had a hectic schedule. I knew Madel lived in the North, just as I am, while the rest of my co-boardies lived in the South, so I decided to go home with her.
We both decided to use the train, which was a lot easier and we’d be avoiding EDSA, a totally trafficked place, but we couldn’t find the nearest station. So, we went for a taxi cab. We expected we’d be arriving quickly to the destination I’m heading but unfortunately, it’s quite impossible since the taxi driver has to pick-up blind entertainers in a few minutes and we’re in EDSA.
The taxi driver dropped us off in a bus stop and gave us a discount from the original price stated in the meter. We then used a bus to go to my destination and expected this would be leading us with no problems.
We sat down and just relaxed as the bus slides on the road while Madel shares me stories about herself. I found out that she had a bad experience with Ethan Mentzer and a lot about her really personal life. The rain started to shower, passengers seated beside the windows quickly pulled down the glass to cover everyone from the rain.
I looked out by the window to make sure we’ll be stopping by exactly to my destination. I asked the guy beside me if were near already but he said it’s still far. I still watched out while the conductor shouts the name of the stops we make. I couldn’t understand what he said but I knew it was far from the name of my destination.
We spotted the place and we waited for the bus to make a stop but suddenly, we felt we were rising up from our view of it. We were in a highway. We still waited for a stop but we were driving fast, going away from my destination.
We told the conductor we missed my stop but he said he was already shouting my destination a while ago. I could drop off the next stop and walk but it was too far and I didn’t bring an umbrella with me. Madel lent me hers and told me to return it on the day of the concert but it was still far.
Madel decided to still accompany me to my destination even though the bus was on its way to her destination. She gave a smile and was really concerned because I was too young to bring myself alone to far places.
We made the next stop and stood by a sheltered waiting shed all soaked and wet from the rain. The train station was just a few steps away so we headed to it. When we made our first step with the umbrella, covering us both from the rain, in my hand, we stepped on a big puddle of water, causing our shoe to be really soaked in rain water.
We made screams in laughter and just laughed our way to the taxi stop. We took another cab and let out a big sigh as we sat down on the back passenger’s seat. We were tired from everything: the bus, the rain, the anxiety and nervousness.
This time we really hoped for an exact stop and I told God what a challenging experience he gave me. I listened to Madel while she tells me more about herself. She started to be vegan when she was in the 6h grade because she had many allergies and it was her choice and told me what her Dad did just to have our TC5 shirts printed.
Finally, we arrived in my destination. I paid the driver and thanked Madel so much and told her how I love her to death. She smiled and took another cab, this time leading her to her destination.
(Madel, thank you so much! In just one night, I learned so much about you. I thought people, who are really older than me would be hard to make friends with but I thought wrong. You changed my perspective and showed me the real facts of life. You are a real role model and I would be glad to have a heart like you. If younger people would know and get to meet you, they would be happy and thankful that a person like you was made by God.)